Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spoiler Alert: Code Reddish-Orange

I recently saw a comment for a trailer that claims the trailer gave away too much of the story.  To that person I ask what did you expect from a trailer? 


Now I will go on the record as saying spoilers are the worst plague on humanity.  It sucks when someone tells you the big twist or the end of a movie.  Spoilers take you out of the story and destroy any tension you would have felt with the main character.  It's hard to maintain that feeling when you know that the hero is going to survive the terrorist attack and marry the damsel in distress.




Spider-Man vs Koopa Troopa Prime

Another reason to abolish spoilers is to let the movie goer unleash their imaginations.  When I saw the first trailer for "The Amazing Spider-Man" I couldn't help but consider how other villains beyond the lizard might make an appearance.  We might finally get to see Mysterio, or Electro!  Could there be a new Doc Ock?  And seeing the bit of story in the trailer allowed me to rest easy that the Lizard is going to be a great villain and I don't have to worry about him until opening night.




Also the limitations on spoilers needs to be defined.  Can you spoil a movie after five years?  Ten?  More?  Is it a spoiler to say that King Kong dies at the end?  Doesn't everyone know that Bruce Willis is dead in Sixth Sense?  I feel it's safe to say that when something is spoofed a thousand times over you can call it on that.  There were actually people who were outraged when they had "Titanic" spoiled for them when others mentioned how the boat sinks.  It's not a spoiler if it actually happened in real life.  Retards.
Spoiler: They get Kong off the island.




Well, that's all I wanted to say for now, I'll hop off my soapbox and watch some movie trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment