1. Jamie Foxx kicks white people ass: Foxx plays the slave Django (the "D" is silent) and gets to murder white slave owners. As a fan of Tarantino I expect an extreme amount of love for African-Americans, and "Django Unchained" seems to promise plenty of Tarantino's love of the N-word. I'm also having a lot of trouble picturing anyone else in this role.
2. Christoph Waltz plays the other starring role: Who is Christoph Waltz? Only the Jew Hunter from "Inglorious Basterds" and Chudnosfsky, the bad guy from the "Green Hornet" film. His diction is amazing, his acting is superb, and he plays a bounty hunter. Fuck off Boba Fett.
3. Leonardo DiCaprio is a bad guy: Yes. He's a great actor and it will be fun to see Leo's skill combined with Tarantino's directing style. In the trailer he's drinking out of a mother fucking coconut shell How is that not enough to make you watch the movie?
4. It's an unconventional western film: Westerns are sort of making a comeback, and this can help just by being not entirerly a western in the same way "Inglorious Basterds" wasn't historically accurate. When Quentin Tarantino gets to screw around with history it's only a good thing.
5. No more super heroes: Look, I loved The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, and The Dark Knight Rises, but for fuck's sake can we get a good film that doesn't come from a comic book? Give me a goddamn break Hollywood. Ease off the superhero movies until 2013. Oh you are? Scratch that last comment.
|Oh hell yes.|